As well as numerous exercises to help learn vocabulary and for reading and writing practice in the language covered in each chapter of the textbook, this study guide also includes further explanations and practice in:
- various aspects of the a and o categories
- the use of kua, ki and i, and he
- how to use taua and aua correctly
- using modifiers
- giving negative commands.
There is also advice on:
- how to learn new vocabulary
- improving reading comprehension skills
- learning new grammatical forms
- how to deduce the meanings of new words from their context.
Exercises include passages about Te Rauparaha, Te Kooti and Āpirana Ngata.
Out of stock
Enter your email below to be notified when this becomes available.
- Resource type: Study guide/workbook
- Format: paperback
- Edition: 1st
- Pages: 96
- Edition publication date: 2002
- Publisher: Longman/Pearson Education New Zealand
- ISBN: 0-582-54545-5
Textbook & Resources combined
Te Whanake Tablet App
The Te Whanake app is a rich collection of resources for Māori language learners and teachers. It combines the textbooks and resources into one structured digital programme.
Te Kākano available now
Download for iOS or Android – only $19.99
Stay up to date
Sign up to receive occasional emails when we
publish new books, editions, or resources.